Featurd Image: ‘Summer Personal Assistant Vacancies Leeds’ in orange lettering on a white banner.
I have now found some wonderful PAs for the summer so applications are closed. Thank you to everyone that shared the ad!
My amazing PAs are off for a well earned summer break so I’m looking for some cover for the holidays! Please share if you can, especially if you are in Leeds/ West Yorkshire. Thank you!
2x Summer Personal Assistants (Women only) to young disabled woman studying Masters degree
£8.75 per hour
Fixed Term until 31st August 2019
28 hours per week to be split between 2 people.
Statutory holiday pay included. Flexibility around pre-booked summer holidays. You may be asked to work the August bank holiday weekend.
See below for typical weekly schedule. If you are unable to work the exact days/ hours listed but you are still interested, please get in touch as these hours are indicative only and can be flexible. You can apply for whichever hours you like, but you must plan to take at least 2 consecutive days off each week.
I’m Rebecca, a 25-year-old disabled woman and powered wheelchair user. I’m studying MSc Inequalities and Social Science at the University of Leeds and I’m seeking 2 Personal Assistants to assist me during the summer break. I am based in Woodhouse, a 10-minute walk from the university campus. These roles are open to women only; applications from trans women are actively welcomed. Previous care experience is not necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Assistance with personal care including bathing
• Assistance with more challenging aspects of dressing eg. Buttons and shoes
• Preparing and cooking meals
• Assistance with grocery shopping
• Housework including cleaning, tidying and laundry
• Assistance to attend social activities such as live events, the cinema and eating out.
• May be asked to assist on trips to other UK cities, possibly with overnight stays.
• Advanced level of spoken English
• Excellent communication skills
• Good knowledge of the Independent Living Philosophy and an understanding of how your role as a PA fits into that
• Reliable, respectful, discreet, sensitive, friendly, and pro-active in the role
• Able to work quickly and efficiently, sometimes under pressure
• Flexible- willing to cover for colleagues outside of normal working days, change working hours at short notice and be contactable in an emergency
• Good food safety knowledge and cooking skills; comfortable preparing and cooking meat
• Strong commitment to the principles of Equality and Diversity
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Experience of working with young disabled adults in any capacity
• Good intercultural awareness and communication skills
• Similar interests, especially in sociology, politics, literature, podcasts and/or TV.
• Experience of/ interest in challenging social injustice
• Good at reading maps, following directions and/or finding your way around new places
Please note, smokers are welcome to apply, but you will not be permitted to smoke when working in my flat.
Typical weekly schedule
Monday: 9:30-10:15, 17:30-19:00
Tuesday: – 9:30-10:15, 17:30-21:00
Wednesday: 9:30-10:15, 17:30-19:00
Thursday: – 9:30-10:15, 17:30-21:00
Friday: 9:30-10:15, 17:30-19:00
Sunday: – 17:30-21:00
+4 hours to be worked at a mutually agreed time
Please send a CV of up to 2 pages and brief covering letter including the hours you are interested in to email@example.com as soon as possible. If I like your application, I will contact you within a few days for interview, to start as soon as possible.
Again, please share if you can! Thank you!